For many of us, January feels like a fresh and promising start to finally dig into those goals, aspirations and New Year's resolutions that we've kept on the back burner for far too long. Maybe you're working on losing weight, competing in a triathlon, purchasing a home, launching a business, improving your health, or learning a new skill. However, only around 50 percent of people who set resolutions for the new year end up maintaining their commitment after just six months. And, if you're working on more than one goal at a time, it gets even tougher to stick with the plan.
Over the course of the past five years, I've found that, with a clear picture and a solid action plan in place, virtually any goal can be attained. Since applying visualization, goal setting and tracking techniques to my own life, here are just a few things I've accomplished:
- Quit drinking, after a long struggle with alcohol abuse;
- Quit smoking, after being a pack a day smoker for 15+ years;
- Moved to Singapore, after consciously deciding to relocate to Asia from New York;
- Dramatically improved my physical and mental health and overall well-being;
- Ran a marathon and several half marathons;
- Became a figure competition champion;
- Became a morning person (tougher than I thought!);
- Made a massive career change;
- Cultivated a deeper relationship with my husband;
- Launched a successful business;
- Learned how to meditate and pray;
- Took at least one dream vacation each year.
I also know the flip side all too well-- what happens when dreams are not anchored to a vision and an action plan. It's not pretty, and it caused me many years of feeling like a failure.
On Saturday, January 24th, I'll be holding another "Creating Your Vision" workshop, where I'll teach you how to make an effective, compelling Vision Board and create a solid action plan to get you to your goals. These simple, creative tools really do WORK, and you'll have a lot of fun in the process. All supplies, beverages and light bites will be provided.
This is the third Vision Board workshop I've held at Woolf Works, the beautiful women's co-working space in Joo Chiat; the first two workshops were sell outs and I predict that tickets will go fast for this one as well.
For more information and to purchase tickets, go to: http://vision2015.peatix.com/
If you have a friend who may be interested in attending as well, share the love by forwarding this email to them!
Wishing you a fun, fit and fabulous 2015, and I hope to see you at the next "Creating Your Vision" workshop.